Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 18-Plans/dreams/goals you have
Great questions....too bad I don't really have any answers. I'm going through a transition period. The thought of going back to school makes me have IBS. I figure since Skye and Linny took time off between their undergrad and masters programs I can too. I justify my life based on my two best friends:) I think that's logical. Thus far my plans are to work hard at both my jobs and save money for grad school. I also am going to start GRE prep classes. (I hate I math!!!) I'm 99.9% sure I want to go back to school and become a therapist for veterans with PTSD. I suck at making decisions so fingers crossed that 1% doesn't come back and bite me in the butt.

Day 19-Nicknames you have and why you have them
1. Louisa and weegie have been the nicknames that I've had since birth. Louisa came about because the people in our spanish branch couldn't say my first name and my middle name is Louise...change the "e" to an "a" to make the name feminine and you get Louisa. Up until sixth grade I never went by Ashleigh because there were always four other Ashleigh's in the class. Everyone just called my Louisa. The nickname weigi came from my Tia (aunt) Gayline...she came up with it from the game Mario and Luigi...Louisa+Luigi=weigi...don't ask me how... that's just what happened.
2. Cenicita...this nickname came into my life thanks to Linny's mommy. It mean little ashes. This name just stuck and I love it:)!
3. Moo...I have a nightgown that is a moo-moo dress. The first time I wore it around my roommates they laughed their butts off and the nickname moo came into my life. I am no longer Ashleigh to them. They call me moo in front of everyone. I am "moo" in their phones contact list...I am moo in love notes. I think it's funny!!!
4. Aisha...the girls at work think I'm black. Aisha is my "black" girl name. Ashleigh is just too white for my personality I guess.
5. Then there's all the "normal" nicknames....ash, ashers, ashie, leigh. I don't know why but it bugs me when people who don't know me call me ash. However I shorten names all the time for people... I'm a lazy English speaker.

Day 20-Someone you see yourself marrying or being with in the future
Seriously!? This is a question? STUPID STUPID STUPID. I have no answer to this question. I'm sooooo "special" that I really have no idea if I'll ever be married in the future. BUT a guy posted the following as his FB status today:
Have you ever gone to a party, met a really cute girl who seemed really into you, only to realize she seems really into every guy there? I despise women like that. Their "Hottness Meter" quickly reads like the graph of Tangent approaching -(pi/2). That is a pretty steep decline.
I kinda think this guy is cool. He's cute...blah blah blah...however he and another guy who made a comment on this post always go after the same type of girl and then complain about things never working out. This drives me crazy and that's why I think questions like Day 20 are stupid. Maybe I'm bitter...maybe I'm not...I really have no idea...I just know that I'm special (in a good way) and that I don't want someone who keeps doing the same thing over and over and gets the same result and never changes anything. Isn't that the definition of insanity-doing the same thing over and over again and getting the same result? Who wants someone insane?
Everyone has their own opinion about the type of guy I need; shy, outgoing, strong willed, independent, loves America, goal oriented, quiet, loud...and the list goes on. So if any of you know someone with those qualities, I guess you can send him my way:)bahahaha

1 comment:

SKYE said...

Love the post, ASH! I can totally relate to Day 20...WHO THE HECK KNOWS!