Sunday, April 10, 2011

I should be better

I had just written a very long post which contained some emotional things I've been going through lately. I decided to erase it because if my younger sister read it she would kill me!
This week I learned that the decisions we make affect those we love no matter what! I am not a merciful person.
I wish I wasn't such an emotionally attached person. I wish I never studied about women being emotionally abused and all the signs that point to abuse. I wish I didn't know that the chances of an LDS woman getting into an abusive relationship are just as high as the national average. I wish my sisters boyfriend never made the mistake of repeatedly making rude or abusive comments in front of me and my family. I wish I didn't love my sister so much...but I do! I wish I didn't have to keep my mouth shut and let her learn things on her own...but I do...or so I'm told. I wish I was a more merciful person. I wish I could see everyone through God's eyes.

Our great personal challenge in mortality is to become “a saint through the atonement of Christ.”

1 comment:

lindsy said...

Baby cakes- the fact that you are emotionally attached is your greatest virtue. I love you!